Impact the World of Sports, Fitness, and Wellness with an Online Exercise Science Master’s Degree
If you are passionate about helping others live healthier lives and maintain health through physical fitness, Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science (MS) in Exercise Science and Wellness may be for you! This degree program can help you gain critical knowledge about exercising and physical health that you can share with others.
This exercise science master’s program can help equip you with the tools you’ll need to address health, wellness, and human performance in a variety of individuals. You can increase your knowledge of physiology, biomechanics, and sports nutrition as you start or advance your career. Our program is meant to shape professionals who can impact the world of sports, fitness, and wellness.
Whether you want to work as a trainer, coach, human performance specialist, nutrition consultant, or a physical therapist, our master’s in exercise science can help prepare you to reach your goals. With our online exercise program, you can use health and wellness to help others achieve their full potential and live a more fulfilling life.
With flexible 8-week courses and no set login times
So you can earn your degree in just 1.5 years
Per Credit Hour
For full-time master’s in exercise science students
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Exercise Science Master’s Program?
With Liberty University, you can complete courses online, which can minimize the sacrifice you’ll need to make to go back to school. Our master’s in exercise science combines high-quality academics with the flexibility of tailored specializations and online coursework, so you can pursue your dreams of promoting healthy living right where you are.
Quality Academics from a Unique Perspective
Our health and fitness science courses offer expert training in topics like physiology and biomechanics under professors with years of experience in the field. With our rigorous coursework and dedicated faculty, you can become better prepared to work in the exercise science and wellness field — all while applying biblical principles to your work.
The Flexibility You Need to Achieve Your Goals
In our master’s of exercise science, you won’t have to trade flexibility for quality. Our program offers various specializations, giving you the flexibility to take the courses that most benefit you and your goals. Additionally, our master’s degree in exercise science is offered completely online, so you can remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without having to take courses on campus. At Liberty, you can learn what you need to make a difference in the world of health and wellness with our online master’s in exercise science!
Specializations Within Liberty’s Exercise Science Masters Program Online
The field of exercise science continues to grow and impact more industries. In order to prepare you for the specific type of work you’re looking for, Liberty offers different concentrations within the master’s in exercise science. Each of the options below provides 18 credit hours of specialized content for that subject area.
Take a look and see what concentration will fit your career goals best!
Fitness and Performance
Nutrition and Wellness
What Will You Learn in Our Online Degree in Exercise Science and Wellness?
Our exercise science master’s program blends a core exercise physiology program with specialized courses in fitness, performance, and nutrition. With this combination, you can gain both the broad knowledge base and the in-depth experience you need to succeed in your career.
In all of our exercise and wellness degrees, you will take foundational exercise science courses covering physiology, fitness assessment and programming, nutrition, and statistical analysis and research methods in exercise science. From there, you will move into your specialization courses. Our fitness science program can take you further into the impact of exercise on the body and teach you how to harness this knowledge to hone athletic ability as well as to promote recovery.
Meanwhile, our nutrition concentration emphasizes the role of proper nutrition in providing solutions to issues like diabetes, eating disorders, and chronic illnesses. This cognate can also give you a foundational understanding of how the body uses food and what proper nutrition looks like.
Combining this crucial understanding of nutrition with principles of exercise science, our programs can give you a holistic understanding of the human body and healthy living — equipping you to assess communities and promote healthy living through eating and exercise habits.
By being trained in our exercise science master’s program, you can be ready to make a difference in the world through health and wellness training and promotion.
Featured Courses in Our Master’s in Exercise Science Online
- EXSC 510 – Advanced Exercise Physiology
- EXSC 520 – Statistical Analysis in Exercise Science
- EXSC 660 – Fitness Assessment and Programming
- HLTH 640 – Principles of Nutrition
Career Options for Exercise Science Graduates
- Commercial, corporate, resort, or university fitness trainer
- Human performance specialist
- Medical fitness specialist
- Nutrition and exercise specialist
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Wellness coach
Comparing the Degrees: Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, and Kinesiology
Exercise science, exercise physiology, and kinesiology are 3 subject areas that seek to understand human responses to exercise and physical activity. Physiology typically has more standardized, physiology-based curricula that vary from one program to the next while exercise science programs focus on a wider variety of topics – such as health, human performance, and much more. Kinesiology, on the other hand, is the broad study of movement and how that movement impacts human health.
When considering whether to pursue an online master’s in kinesiology, a master’s in exercise physiology online, or an online master’s in exercise science, you likely will consider your career goals. Oftentimes, online students who pursue degree programs are not exactly sure of how they’d like to use their degree – or in other cases, students begin their coursework and find another subject or topic that piques their interest.
Fortunately, our online exercise science master’s degree is extremely versatile – consolidating studies in kinesiology and physiology into one degree while adding valuable instruction in other areas, such as athletic performance and nutrition. No matter what your specific career goal is, Liberty’s online master’s in exercise science is an excellent choice if you’d like to work in the fitness industry.
Online Master’s in Exercise Science and Wellness Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in exercise science from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years ̶ and counting.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty’s search portal while pursuing your master’s in exercise science.
- You can complete our Master of Science in Exercise Science and Wellness in less than 1.5 years!
- You can choose from 2 specializations to tailor your degree to your unique passions and career goals.
Exercise Science Degree Information
- This degree falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Review the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the MS in Exercise Science and Wellness
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants to our master’s in exercise science degree online must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.