Associate, School Inspection
NewGlobe Katami South, Sokoto State, Nigeria
NewGlobe Katami South, Sokoto State, Nigeria
1 week ago
See who NewGlobe has hired for this role
Sign in to save Associate, School Inspection at NewGlobe.
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
School Inspection Department
School Inspection is the auditing function of our school operations (facilities, materials & supplies, personnel and processes) against our set of standards and policies to ensure all schools maintain an environment where teaching and learning thrive. School Inspection ensures compliance with procedural requirements through frequent school observation visits and audits of school operations. Program managers use the data School Inspection collects and audits to uphold a consistent service level standard at each school. Managers also use School Inspection data to validate the data collected from other sources and used by other teams. We have established high standards for our many schools. Ensuring these standards are maintained across every single school is integral to the success of our model.
About The Role
The associate is the eyes and ears of the organisation. You will be part of a highly-trained field monitoring team focusing on systematic school-level monitoring. The Associate, School Inspection is driven, competitive, and always strives to win. The role requires someone who has a strict code of integrity. We are looking for an energetic and motivated tech-savvy individual willing to contribute his or her skills to the team to make the School Inspection team even more successful.
On a daily basis As part of our preliminary research, we would like to conduct a school census in select public schools across the state. The School Census is a comprehensive school audit that collects data about the school, teachers, pupils, and facilities from school records and also by observation.
The associate is the eyes and ears of the organisation.
They are part of an existing highly-trained quality monitoring team focusing on systematic school-level monitoring. The Associate, School Inspection is driven, competitive, and always strives to win. The role requires someone who has a strict code of integrity. We are looking for an energetic and motivated tech-savvy individual willing to contribute his or her skills to the team to make the School Inspection team even more successful.
The Associate, School Inspection is passionate & a relentless advocate for NewGlobe’s vision of democratising the right for all children to acquire high quality life changing education.
We aim to impact teaching and learning, so we need to deliver high quality data to decision makers at all levels of the organisation & to our government partner. School Inspection ensures that we have accurate knowledge of what is happening in schools by auditing all school management work.
What You Will Do
- Make daily visits to two or more schools (implement the route plan and cluster assignment) to conduct audits of school operations, management tools, materials and processes and populate findings through a digital survey form
- On a daily basis, record and then submit reports including recommendations, on all issues that do not comply with expected standards and respective policies that are observed while at schools to your line manager so as to ensure that parties responsible for resolving the issues act in a timely manner.
- Work together with the Support Office to ensure that School management and established monitoring systems and tools are well implemented and maintained as per desired standards at individual schools by the Head Teachers and teachers.
- Expect to work Monday-Saturday and in some unique cases Sunday.
- Expect to work with new requests evolving within departments as stipulated by the company.
- Additional activities: Assist Other functions in any investigation they would need field support on.
What You Should Have
- A 2-year Diploma or upto two years field experience in data collection in lieu of a diploma.
- Tech-savvy: comfortable using smartphones, tablets, emails and able to manoeuvre through mobile IT systems/applications
- Strong observational and record-keeping skills, detailed and keen to generate high-quality data (willing to clearly indicate when something is not being done correctly)
- Impartial - Able to "stand his/her ground" and not be convinced by any party (e.g. Head Teachers, teachers) to alter the audit findings/information.
- Highly flexible to dynamic work requirements and deliverables including willingness to travel and relocate within the country when required as per job requirements
- Physically capable and comfortable with working long hours at the field including visiting remote locations and exposure to seasonal outdoor conditions.
- Mature and able to work independently and effectively - supervision will largely be done from the Support Office while you operate in the field.
- Malleable learner that’s able to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills - both oral and written
- Problem solving and solution seeking skills will be essential along with a “can-do” attitude
Who you are
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
Job functionEducation and Training
IndustriesEducation Administration Programs
Referrals increase your chances of interviewing at NewGlobe by 2x
See who you know
Get notified about new Student jobs in Katami South, Sokoto State, Nigeria.
Sign in to create job alert
Looking for a job?
Visit the Career Advice Hub to see tips on interviewing and resume writing.
View Career Advice Hub